Our mission is to support people suffering from pain and disability in the head, neck and jaw by providing tools, resources, and a support network of specialists dedicated to the prevention and management of chronic pain.
• Injury to the head, neck and jaw from a traumatic event is hard to diagnose and treat because each patient responds differently to the tissue damage, and the physical and emotional stress associated with injury and disability. Whether diagnosed as whiplash, concussion, headache or TMJ disorder, it is difficult to arrive at an accurate diagnosis or prognosis at the onset.
• Patient response to stress, patient engagement in self-care, and patient confidence in the medical help they receive are all factors in the recovery period.
• The fundamental dilemma is not knowing when to seek medical care, where to go, and to hesitate in pursuing medical care because the treatment plan could be complex, time consuming and/or costly.
• People with facial, neck and jaw pain confront this dilemma whether they are trying to recover from an acute injury/ trauma for the first time, whether they have an ongoing condition and exceeded their pain threshold (have a flare up) from a condition that was previously under control, or for a distinct group of patients, they have a condition that is difficult to diagnose and treat unless evaluated by a highly-trained specialist.
• We understand the importance of respecting pain patients and honoring each patient’s desire to recover quickly and with pain management tools that fit each patient’s lifestyle and unique medical condition.
• For patients and healthcare professionals alike, it is difficult to coordinate care between the different medical, dental and physical medicine disciplines. Through our involvement in FaceMyPain.com, the Company seeks to broaden awareness of treatment options and to break down the barriers in understanding common and treatable musculoskeletal head, neck and jaw conditions.
• For patients and healthcare professionals alike, it is difficult to coordinate care across conflicting medical and dental insurance providers and reimbursement models. We acknowledge that this situation is unlikely to improve in the near future, and this was a factor in the design of the Speed2Treat Home Healing Kit to be a cost-effective start of treatment that is commonly available across healthcare providers and direct to consumer.
QuickSplint® is the Company’s first product, and has been successfully used by thousands of general dentists and dental specialists since 2012. QuickSplint is a clinical problem solver for initiating immediate treatment for jaw strain/sprain, for deprogramming jaw musculature to take bite records, for minimizing jaw strain associated with long dental procedures, and protecting newly placed restorations or periodontal surgical sites from bruxism. The Company collaborates with dental educators to provide diagnostic aides and treatment protocols. QuickSplint is patented and CE approved and FDA 510k cleared for temporary treatment of TMD and associated headache, and protection of dental restorations.
Dr. Brad Eli, DMD, MS
James Fricton DDS, MS
Jim Elliott PT, PhD
Ann McCulloch, MBA
Dr. Brad Eli, DMD, MS, is the Founder and Director of a specialty clinic treating Orofacial Pain and Sleep Related Breathing Disorders in San Diego, CA. He graduated in the inaugural class of the Post-Doctoral Residency Program in Orofacial Pain and Sleep Disorders, UCLA. (MS 1992). For 30 years, Dr. Eli has specialized in clinical treatment of patients with chronic pain and sleep disorders. Nationally recognized as a leader in his field, Dr. Eli contributes to education and advancement of the field of Orofacial Pain Management and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain. He invented the QuickSplint for use in his practice and obtained FDA 510k clearance, CE and patents for this product.
James Fricton DDS, MS, is a Pain Specialist at the Minnesota Head and Neck Pain Clinic, and a Professor Emeritus in the University of Minnesota Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, and Public Health. Dr. Fricton started the Orofacial Pain Program at the University of Minnesota and was instrumental in the creation of field of orofacial pain as a specialty focus that integrates dentistry and medicine. He has 40 years of experience in patient care, university teaching, and National Institutes of Health-sponsored research on relieving and preventing chronic head and neck pain and use of health information technology in patient care.
Jim Elliott PT, PhD, is recognized as a global expert in neck pain (broadly) and whiplash injuries (more specifically). He is currently a Professor of Allied Health in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Sydney and the Northern Sydney Local Health District. He is an adjunct Professor in the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago, serves as an Advisory Board Member for the journal Spine. His collaborative work with clinicians, other researchers, and students from around the world aims to pioneer new scientific knowledge, diagnostics, and objective measures to inform and test new therapies towards permitting millions of patients with acute and chronic spinal pain to live a healthy, active life. Dr. Elliott and his colleague, Dr. David Walton, have written a book that will be published in March by Handspring Publishing: Musculoskeletal Pain: Assessment, Prediction and Treatment.
Ann McCulloch, MBA, is the founder of Orofacial Therapeutics, LP in San Diego CA. McCulloch is a graduate of the Yale School of Management, and spent twenty years in investment banking, utility and construction finance and has served on numerous boards. The career switch occurred approximately seven years ago, and stems from personal experience as a pain patient who experienced disparate care in five different states over twenty years, and the opportunity to work with distinguished colleagues.
Together with our software partner, Talentship LLC, based in Wayzata MN, the Company in 2019 launched FaceMyPain.com. FaceMyPain.com is the first comprehensive website directory that enables users to search for treatment providers for orofacial pain, headache, temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJD) and airway/ sleep disorders.
When you go to FaceMyPain.com, enter your zip code to look up medical, dental and physical medicine providers in your area. We are continuously adding new members, and new content for patients to make it easier to identify treatment options and access to experienced providers.
Advanced search features on the website include location, type of provider, treatments offered or medical and dental conditions. Provider types include orofacial pain specialists, neurologists, osteopaths, dentists, endodontists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, physical therapists, chiropractors and myofunctional therapists.
Contact Support@FaceMyPain.com or call 800-760-0526