1. Clenching and overuse of jaw and neck muscles and associated tension headaches.
2. Flare-ups of existing head, neck or TMJ musculoskeletal disorders.
3. Mild cases of whiplash, headache and/or concussion from a motor-vehicle crash, sports-related injury or work-related injury.
4. Blow to the jaw, chin lacerations, or slip-and-fall accidents.
5. Accidental or prolonged stretching of the temporomandibular joints (TMJ), ligaments and/or muscles of mastication caused by events such as biting into something hard or large, yawning, or from procedures such as intubation, general anesthesia or extensive dental procedures.
Included in the Speed2Treat Home Healing Kit:
• QuickSplint® Overnight Oral Appliance
• Hot/Cold Therapy Face Wrap
• Daily exercises and positive steps for healing
• Guided 4-Week Care Plan and Pain Tracker
• Videos to help understand the healing process and breath training
The gentle jaw is “yoga for the jaw”. It is designed to provide pain relief and to maintain a normal range of motion of the jaw muscles through daytime stretching for 30 seconds every couple of hours. It includes:
› Range of motion scale
› 3 sizes of the devices
› Carrying case
› Instructions for performing daily stretching exercises